hi, everyone.
大家好。 i'm diane brady.
我是黛安·布雷迪。
i'm here with my colleague, louisa kroll, executive editor, all things wealth.
我和我的同事路易莎·克羅爾(Louisa Kroll)一起來的,她是《財富萬物》(All Things Wealth)的執行主編。
hi, louisa.
嗨,路易莎。
we're talking about rihanna.
我們談論的是蕾哈娜。
well, actually, it's rihanna.
嗯,實際上,她是蕾哈娜。
rihanna.
蕾哈娜。 everybody corrects me all the time when i say rihanna.
當我說蕾哈娜時,每個人都糾正我。
and it's only because, you know, i've edited several stories on her over the years.
只是因為,你知道,這些年來我編輯了幾個關於她的故事。
and i looked it up and i listened to her talk about it one time.
我查了一下,有一次我聽到她談論這件事。
and, you know, she's very chill.
而且,你知道,她很冷。
she doesn't care if you call her rihanna, rihanna.
她不在乎你是否叫她蕾哈娜,蕾哈娜。
susan, suzanne, rihanna, rihanna.
蘇珊,蘇珊娜,蕾哈娜,蕾哈娜。
exactly, exactly.
完全。 potato, potatoe, but it is rihanna.
土豆,土豆,但這是蕾哈娜。
rihanna fenty.
蕾哈娜·芬蒂(Rihanna Fenty)。
we know her last name is fenty.
我們知道她的姓氏是 Fenty。
she doesn't combined it.
她沒有把它結合起來。
it would be robin fenty.
這將是羅蘋·芬蒂。
that would be robin fenty or rihanna.
這將是羅蘋·芬蒂(Robin Fenty)或蕾哈娜(Rihanna)。
and she is what we do know is that she's doing the super bowl halftime show, which is interesting because the last album she dropped was 2016. so we're talking about
我們所知道的是,她正在做超級碗中場秀,這很有趣,因為她發布的上乙個是在 2016 年。 所以我們在談論。
am i right?
我說得對嗎? is she the first billionaire to ever play as an artist?
她是第一位扮演藝術家的億萬富翁嗎?
definitely.
真正。 she is definitely the first billionaire to ever get up on stage.
她絕對是第一位登上舞台的億萬富翁。
so that's going to be a lot of fun.
所以這會很有趣。
but the person that's probably most responsible for getting her back on that stage is jay-z, who is also a billionaire, but he's behind the scenes.
但讓她重回舞台最負責任的人可能是Jay-Z,他也是億萬富翁,但他在幕後。
it's his rock nation that's, you know, putting on the super bowl show.
你知道,他的搖滾國家正在上演超級碗表演。
and they've been doing that for a number of years now.
他們已經這樣做了很多年了。
so let's talk about where she gets her wealth from at this point, because she's got the beauty line, she's got luxury clothing, lingerie.
那麼我們來談談她現在從**獲得的財富,因為她有美容系列,她有奢侈的衣服,內衣。
how much of it actually comes from music?
他們中有多少人實際上來自?
well, let's just say that we don't count any of her music, you know, in her fortune.
好吧,我們只是說我們不把她的任何**計入她的財富。
none.沒有。
is it still, it's 1.4 billion, right?
它仍然是 14 億,對吧?
well, we right now estimate her around 1.4 billion.
好吧,我們現在估計她的身價約為 14 億。
you know, could she h**e a little bit more that's from the music?
你知道,她能多聽一點嗎?
maybe.
或。 the vast majority of her fortune comes from fenty beauty.
她的絕大部分財富來自Fenty Beauty。
she actually started that beauty line in 2017. so right around the time that she, you know, pulled away from music for at least a while.
她實際上在 2017 年就開始了這個美容系列。 所以就在她離開**的時候,至少要有一段時間。
and that's a partnership with lvmh conglomerate.
這是與LVMH集團的合作夥伴關係。
you know, they're behind moet & chandon, louis vuitton.
你知道,他們是Moet & Chandon和Louis Vuitton的幕後推手。
it's basically run by the world's richest person, bernard arnault.
它基本上由世界首富伯納德·阿爾諾(Bernard Arnault)經營。
he's been trading places with elon musk for the last...he's held on for a few weeks now.
他最後一次與埃隆·馬斯克(Elon Musk)交換了位置。 他已經堅持了幾個星期了。
so bernard arnault is right now the richest by, you know, a kind of sizable margin.
所以伯納德·阿爾諾(Bernard Arnault)是現在最富有的人,你知道,他是乙個相當大的差距。
musk is finally starting to pick back up, but we'll see with that.
馬斯克終於開始復甦了,但我們拭目以待。
but, you know, he wooed rihanna and got her to, you know, do this partnership.
但是,你知道,他向蕾哈娜求愛,並要求她,你知道,做這個夥伴關係。
she owns 50%.
她擁有50%的股份。
the sales h**e been doing very well.
銷售業績一直很好。
sales actually doubled in the past year.
去年的銷售額實際上翻了一番。
we're not entirely sure.
我們並不完全確定。
this is for the cosmetic line.
這是針對化妝品系列的。
for the cosmetic line.
用於化妝品線。
penty beauty.
Penty 美女。 so that's the largest portion of her wealth.
所以這是她財富的最大部分。
yes.是的。
what about the lingerie?
內衣呢? her lingerie, we figure, is probably worth around $300 million.
我們估計她的內衣可能價值約3億美元。
again, it's lingerie, it's done incredibly well.
再說一次,這是內衣,做得很好。
you know, she raised money at a billion valuation, but it is about a third or no, actually probably more like a fourth the value of the beauty line at this point.
你知道,她以 10 億美元的估值籌集了資金,但這大約是美容產品線價值的三分之一或更少,實際上可能更像是美容產品線價值的四分之一。
but both, i mean, you know, to be her age, to h**e this kind of success in two different businesses when really she made her name initially in music is just really kind of unheard of.
但我的意思是,你知道,在她這個年紀,在兩個不同的行業都取得了如此成功,而且她最初確實在這個領域聲名鵲起,這真的是聞所未聞的。
yeah, she's one of, i think, last i checked, i don't know if she's the second or third, but she's certainly one of the top selling female artists of all time.
是的,我認為她是其中之一,我不知道她是第二還是第三,但她肯定是有史以來最暢銷的女藝人之一。
i believe so.
我相信是的。
i don't, i know we're, when we look at the super bowl halftime shows, since we're talking about wealth, i know that one does not get paid to do these shows, but we've heard, you know, a little bit of rumbling about actually paying.
我不,我知道我們,當我們觀看超級碗中場秀時,因為我們談論的是財富,我知道人們做這些節目沒有得到報酬,但我們聽到了,你知道,一些關於實際付款的抱怨。
when you h**e somebody like rihanna, is she likely to be putting any money into this show?
當你有蕾哈娜這樣的人時,她有可能在這個節目中投入任何資金嗎?
i mean, there's got to be some cross promotional opportunities.
我的意思是,必須有一些交叉機會。
my guess is that she probably isn't directly.
我的猜測是她可能不直接。
you know, we've done this every year where we've kind of looked at, you know, who the super bowl performer is, what they're getting from it, the fact that they're not really getting paid anything.
你知道,我們每年都會這樣做,我們看看誰是超級碗的表演者,他們從中得到了什麼,他們實際上沒有得到任何報酬。
and over the years, i mean, that's included everybody from jlo to lady gaga.
多年來,我的意思是,這包括從JLO到Lady Gaga的每個人。
and the weeknd was the only one that, you know, kind of said to us, actually, i'm putting in several million.
事實上,The Weeknd是唯一一家對我們說我投資了數百萬美元的公司。
most of the time, they're pretty tight lipped about it.
大多數時候,他們對此守口如瓶。
the big brand that's sponsoring it.
贊助它的大品牌。
so pepsi did it for years, and this is going to be the first year that apple music is paying for it.
所以百事可樂多年來一直在這樣做,這將是 Apple Music 為此付費的第一年。
but i imagine this is going to be quite a spectacle, so it'll be interesting to see exactly where the money's coming from.
但我想這將是一件大事,所以知道錢從哪裡來會很有趣。
not that they'll ever share it with us, but i'm sure apple is putting quite a lot of money in, and she certainly has the money if she wanted to or needed to.
並不是說他們會與我們分享,但我相信蘋果已經投入了很多錢,如果她想要或需要它,她肯定有錢。
let me ask you a question about why you don't count her music as part of her will.
讓我問你乙個問題,你為什麼不把她**算作她遺囑的一部分。
i mean, it's just so small.
我的意思是,它太小了。
it's around an era.
關於乙個時代。
it's not that we don't or wouldn't.
這並不是說我們沒有或不會。
it's just kind of too small when you're talking about how big the rest is.
當你談論其餘的有多大時,它有點太小了。
and we should probably, i mean, again, you know, maybe take it into account, you know, with all of these numbers, you know, we know that she owns 50%.
我的意思是,我們可能應該再考慮一下,你知道,有了所有這些數字,我們知道她擁有50%的股份。
we've been told that they do not break down what exactly the revenues are.
我們被告知,他們沒有詳細說明收入的具體細節。
so to be kind of conservative, we don't, we don't kind of, you know, push it up as far as we could, you know, she could be worth more like 1.5, or, you know, even 2 billion, depending on how aggressive people
所以保守一點,我們沒有,我們沒有,你知道,盡可能多地把它推高,你知道,她可能更值錢,比如 1五個,或者,你知道,甚至二十億,這取決於人們的攻擊性。
are about that fenty beauty valuation and whether lvmh would ever sell it, which i don't think they would.
關於Fenty Beauty的估值以及LVMH是否會**它,我認為他們不會。
but how much of the, is it rare to get a lot of wealth from the music itself?
但是他們中有多少人,從**本身就能獲得很多財富是罕見的?
i mean, obviously you can own the rights.
我的意思是,顯然你可以擁有這些權利。
you can get a lot more.
你可以得到更多。
so she's just come into it more.
所以她只是更多地投入其中。
it's just she hasn't really produced anything in a number of years.
只是她這些年都沒真正做過什麼。
2016. yeah, 2016. i mean, taylor swift, beyonce, you know, these are all women that are on our list of self-made women.
2016年。 是的,2016 年。 我的意思是,泰勒·斯威夫特(Taylor Swift),碧昂絲(Beyoncé),你知道,這些都是我們白手起家的女性名單上的女性。
it's a list that we started because
我們開始這個列表是因為:
we were quite frankly getting tired of just seeing old white men on our billionaires list.
坦率地說,我們已經厭倦了在億萬富翁名單上看到老白人。
and i said, why don't we start looking, why do we create this one billion barrier?
我說,我們為什麼不開始尋找,我們為什麼要製造這十億個障礙?
let's start looking at just really successful women and seeing, putting a price tag on it or putting a valuation on it.
讓我們開始關注真正成功的女性,並給她們貼上標籤或評價她們。
and that's when we started to dig into, you know, some of these artists and their number of them that are on it.
從那時起,我們開始深入研究其中一些藝術家和他們的數字。
and, you know, they do get it from their earnings and they get it from touring.
而且,你知道,他們確實從收入和巡迴演出中獲得了這一點。
and i expect both taylor swift and beyonce to continue to move up those ranks.
我預計泰勒·斯威夫特(Taylor Swift)和碧昂絲(Beyoncé)的排名都會繼續上公升。
but again, i mean, nobody has had the entrepreneurial success that rihanna has had to this point.
但我想說的是,到目前為止,還沒有人像蕾哈娜那樣取得如此多的創業成功。
and obviously very much still an anticipated show.
顯然,這仍然是乙個值得期待的節目。
you know, we don't need new music.
你知道,我們不需要新的**。
she's got a pretty deep catalog of hits we'd love to hear.
她有很多我們想聽的熱門歌曲。
so look forward to it.
敬請期待。
thanks for joining us.
感謝您加入我們。
thank you.
謝謝。 thanks for h**ing me.
謝謝你邀請我。